Members Area

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Spaceteam Admiral's Club is a community of friends and fans of the game [Spaceteam]. Anyone can create an account but there are special rewards if you support my future projects by becoming a paying member!

Join the Admiral's Club- Henry (aka Captain Spaceteam)

questions

I got the laser beam recently, but my friend still hasn't gotten it yet even though he didn't mess up in the first 5 sectors multiple times. We can't figure out why he hasn't gotten it yet.

Will there be more tournaments in 2015?
Does everyone have to buy the extra modes in order to play them?
Btw this game is beyond awesome, I play every chance I get, i'm almost to the point where I have to bribe my friends to play with me. hahaha

Comments

• Hi Tofu,
    I'm not sure why it wouldn't unlock for your friend. To get the achievement you have to make no unnecessary control changes, so if they hit a switch by accident for example that would disqualify them. Anyway, if either of you are official Admiral's Club members then the next version of the game will let you unlock the special rewards manually.

People seemed to enjoy the tournaments so I'll probably have more! And of course people are free to organize unofficial tournaments whenever they like :) PAX East usually has one every year.

No, only one person has to buy the extra mode! As long as they have it turned on, everyone who connects to their game will be able to play it. Otherwise one person would buy it but not be able to use it, which seems pretty unfair.
  • Thanks for responding so quickly. we thought as long as you followed every instruction you got it, makes more sense now that it was actually no unnecessary changes. haha and my friend just unlocked it like 20 mins ago too. :)
    lols we both bought the extra mode earlier today, oh wells we both love the game so much and i'm totally for supporting your future endeavors since i missed the kickstarter event you had going on.
    I just saw your spaceteam shirts today too and i'm about to get one so i can wear it everyday as advertisement, i'm just not sure which one to get lols wormhole or asteroid one.
  • Awesome. Thank you so much for your support!
  • Questions thread!
    Do Gobo and Tokunori appear in game? or are they just in the soundtrack?
  • Interesting question :) They are not actually in the game. When I originally asked Phil to make music for the end of the game he gave me the three songs Okuma, Gobo, and Tokunori. I thought Okuma was perfect and decided not to use the others, but I figured it made sense to include them in the soundtrack anyway.
  • Quick question! I got the laser beam unlock, and I love it, but I also got the new waiting room by playing with a bunch of new people, but I don't like the new waiting room quite so much... Is there any way to turn the achievement rewards off and on?
  • You can switch the waiting room design by using the (admittedly very subtle) arrows at the bottom left of the screen. And in the next update, which should be ready in a couple of weeks, Admiral's Club members will be able to selectively enable or disable all of the special achievements.
  • Why on the top of my screen it writes bluetooth nor supported :( ?
  • It means your device doesn't have the Bluetooth features that Spaceteam needs to connect. You can still play on WiFi though!
  • Is spaceteam being updated today or are the servers down? Because I'm having trouble connecting via wifi.
  • Spaceteam only connects locally so there are no central servers that could affect the connection. I'm currently investigating some connections issues relating to iOS 8 however. What devices are you using?
  • We are using Android phone and iPhone with wifi. We tried using his home wifi and my home wifi but just kept saying searching for wifi. Normally when we play the wifi works fine.