Members Area

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Spaceteam Admiral's Club is a community of friends and fans of the game [Spaceteam]. Anyone can create an account but there are special rewards if you support my future projects by becoming a paying member!

Join the Admiral's Club- Henry (aka Captain Spaceteam)

Help with translations

You may not know this but you can now play Spaceteam in 16 languages and all the translation work was done by volunteers from the community! If you'd like to help improve an existing translation or add a new one, please let me know. Translators will be rewarded with a membership to the Admiral's Club.

But please be aware that translating a game like Spaceteam is a lot of work.
It contains roughly 3000 words and word fragments and many of them are nonsense "technobabble" that aren't even real words in English, so translating them requires some creativity :)

The translation consists of two parts:
1. Static Strings: This is the more traditional part, a spreadsheet with real English phrases. You can view the spreadsheet here but I'll need to give you permission if you want to edit it:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oBNRdjXoch9dgGDj9MoVUSrhcU8J1O0pzrxRVR1peA8/edit?usp=sharing
2. Dynamic Strings: This is the part unique to Spaceteam. You must use the Lexicogulator web tool which takes lists of word fragments and runs an algorithm to combine them into control names and instructions. It usually takes several tries and lots of tweaking before getting results that work for your language. Sometimes new grammar rules need to be added to the game.
Here is a read-only example of the Lexicogulator so you can see how it works: http://lexicogulator.herokuapp.com/editor/123456789

For the Dynamic Strings don't worry about exact translations. If some words don't work in your language, just remove them. Conversely, if you have some great new words please add them!

Just send me an email if you want to help and I'll give you editing permissions.

Thanks for helping me share Spaceteam with the whole planet!