Members Area

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Spaceteam Admiral's Club is a community of friends and fans of the game [Spaceteam]. Anyone can create an account but there are special rewards if you support my future projects by becoming a paying member!

Join the Admiral's Club- Henry (aka Captain Spaceteam)

Spaceteam outdoor

Hi all, I´m a spaceteam fan and wonder, if some of you guys can help me.
I´m studying media education in Austria and we have to design a computer game as an outdoor game, which can be played with a school class or a youth group. I think, spaceteam is a cool game for this exercise.
Do you guys have any ideas, how spaceteam can be played outdoors?
Thanks for your suggestions :)

Comments

• Well Spaceteam itself can be played outdoors using Bluetooth or a Wifi Hotspot setup from a phone or laptop. Are you trying to design a totally new game? Or are you just designing a variant of Spaceteam that takes advantage of the outdoor environment?
  • I'm trying to design a new game without laptop or phone. Like a spaceteam action card game that can be played indoor and outdoor.
  • Here's one idea:
    - Give everyone a printed list of 10 random commands and also a set of 10 cards with *different* names on them.
    - They have to run around to the other players and exchange cards until they match all their cards with their commands before the time runs out.
    - Also: players are not allowed to look at each other's cards so they have to shout their commands/cards out loud.

It probably needs some adjustments but it might work??
  • Pretty cool idea :). Thank you. I'll try it with my class and give you an info, if it works.